You love the outdoors and a good adventure! Camping is your go-to for some summer fun. The trip to the campground can be a fantastic experience packed full of scenery and off-key karaoke. Unfortunately, your vehicle is always packed full as well. After that cramped drive, you just want to relax. Pitching a tent and unloading your vehicle is the last thing you want to do. So, you’re looking for affordable campers or a cheap travel trailer to make your trip a little exhausting. Luckily, we have provided a list of the best, cheap campers. So, keep reading to find out the prices, pros, and cons of the inexpensive campers available.
7 Cheap Campers in 2021:
Forest River Flagstaff E-Pro 12RK:
First and foremost, you have the Forest River Flagstaff E-Pro 12RK coming in at an exceptional price of just $10,000.
- This is one of the more affordable camper trailers.
- The Forest River Flagstaff only weighs 1,200 lbs, making it easy to tow for most vehicles.
- It’s easy to maneuver since it’s only about 11 feet long. “Less jackknifing for the inexperienced.”
- This camper sleeps two people, which is good if you only need to fit two people.
- There is a small kitchen built-in.
- There is also storage space available.
- This camper is pretty tiny.
- It sleeps two people, so if you need to fit more than that, you may want to look elsewhere.
- There is storage space, but it doesn’t fit much more than what two people would need.
Jayco Jay Flight SLX:
This camper is fantastic, which is reflected in the price of $27,000
- It has a bathroom.
- This camper is very spacious.
- Sleeps up to 14 people with high-quality beds
- Comes with two 10 lb propane bottles.
- Spare tire
- Backup camera prep
- Beautiful interior
- Includes a kitchen with large counter space
- Tons of storage
- This is one of the pricier cheap campers on the list.
- It may be hard to drive for those unfamiliar with driving large vehicles.
Happier Camper HC1:
The Happier Camper HC1 most certainly gives you a happier experience. The Price is $29,950, but the Pros of this camper might outweigh the price.
- This camper is 13 feet long, which is pretty short compared to other campers on the list.
- It is very light; Its dry weight is 1,100lbs
- It can sleep up to 5 people
- It’s off the grid and solar-ready.
- Provides a large rear hatch door
- Most cars can tow it.
- This camper is customizable to your own needs.
- The price is up there.
- Having the sleeper space for five people may not be worth the price.
- Minimal storage space
Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro:
We have another Forest River Product Geo Pro product here.
This camper is priced at $22,000.
- 100 Watt Solar panel and 1000 Watt Inverter
- It has an independent suspension for a safer, smoother ride
- This camper is built with Aluminum framed Walls, Roof, Floor, Bed Base
- There is a dinette
- Sleeps 2-4 people.
- Ample storage is provided
- It weighs 2,000- 3,000 lbs depending on the, Of course, theGeo Pro variety. You may need a larger vehicle to tow this camper.
- Sleeping 2-4 people is not much for $22,000
Dutchmen Aspen Trail LE:
The Dutchmen Aspen Trail is $24,066.
- You can customize this trailer to be built to your needs.
- Dutchmen is a well-loved brand
- This camper is 21 feet long
- There is a ton of space
- It can sleep 2-4 people
- It provides a high-quality interior with comfortable beds.
- There is a large dinette.
- You will need a large vehicle to tow this trailer.
- 2-4 people may not be enough for you and your guests.
- This may be out of budget.
The Riverside Retro is a $26,000 trailer.
- Lightweight and easy to tow, It weighs about 2,500 lbs
- It comes with an awning
- The trailers overall length is about 15ft
- It comes in many colors
- Sleeps 2-4 people
- There is a kitchen area
- This trailer is focused more on appearance, less on efficiency
- There is a minimal amount of storage.
- There is not much space on the inside.
- It fits 2-4 people if one person sleeps on the sofa and others bunk together in 1 bed.
Oregon Trailer Do Drop:
The Do Drop is the cheapest camper and only costs $6,150
- One of the most inexpensive travel trailers on the market.
- Chassis is made from square tube steel.
- It only weighs 550lbs and can be towed by virtually any vehicle.
- Only 7 feet long and very easy to tow.
- It can only fit 1-2 people.
- Extremely small
- Almost no storage space
- This is basically a camper that replaces a tent.
- It needs to be custom ordered
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the difference between campers and trailers?
A trailer is usually a motor vehicle or trailer with beds, a bathroom, and a kitchen. A camper is typically a pop-up that is mainly used as storage and for sleeping. However, these terms seem to be often used interchangeably
- What size Camper or trailer should I buy for my vehicle size?
A small SUV or car can usually tow up to 1,500 lbs safely. A light-duty pickup truck can safely tow up to 3,000 lbs and a full-size truck or SUV can safely tow up to 8,000 pounds or more. You should always check your vehicle’s manual or call a professional before towing if you are unsure of your tow limit. Towing a camper or trailer that is heavier than suggested for your vehicle can cause harm to your suspension and be dangerous.
- Can campers and trailers be financed?
Most campers and trailers can be financed. Depending on where you buy your trailer, there may be many finance options available to you.
- Is it safe to buy a used camper or trailer?
Yes, it is perfectly safe to buy a used camper or trailer as long as a history of the camper/trailer is provided. Be sure to purchase a used camper or trailer from a reputable dealer and always have a mechanic check the tires, axels, etc., before signing for it.
- Are campers and trailers worth purchasing?
This is a question that needs to be thoroughly considered by the purchaser. If you only camp once a year, a camper or trailer may not be worth the price. If you can not comfortably budget a camper or trailer into your spending, it is not advised. I highly recommend that anyone purchasing a camper or trailer make their own list of pros and cons before committing such a large purchase.
Overall, there are many fantastic options for cheap travel trailers. I suggest you take your budget, the storage needed, the sleeper size, camper length, and weight into consideration before making a decision. Every person will have different needs while looking for a camper. No matter what specifications you are looking for in cheap camper trailers, there truly is an affordable option for everyone on this list.
Read More Posts: