RV maintenance has grown into a massive task over the years. Due to the wide range of options available for a given product, obtaining various tools and equipment for an RV is extremely difficult. As a result, buyers end up buying something incompatible with their RV or less efficient.
Power inverters for RVs are essential tools for RV Travelers. In the event of a power outage, it is the only backup source of power.
An inverter is a device that converts alternating current to direct current or vice versa. It provides an indefinite power supply even in the event of a power outage. This is useful for keeping all of your electrical appliances running at peak efficiency.
Purchasing an oversized or heavy inverter would take up a lot of space in your RV, increasing the weight of your vehicle. As a result, you must choose something that is both compact and compatible.
Have a lot of options and aren’t sure which one to choose? Don’t worry, we’ll come to your aid. We have listed the top 5 best RV inverters so you can choose the best one for your trip.
5 Best RV Inverter Reviews:
In situations where the main power supply fails, RV inverters are the best source of backup power. In such cases, you must have a dependable power inverter for the RV. The question is, which one should I choose from all available types and models? That is a very perplexing question, but don’t worry. We have a variety of options from which you can select the one that best fulfills your needs.
Here are the top 5 RV inverters to consider purchasing for an enjoyable and trouble-free RV trip.
#1. AIMS 500 Watt 12 Volt DC Power Inverter
The first and most popular inverter on our list comes from the most reputable brand, AIMS power. It is well-known for producing the best RV inverters available today.
The AIMS 500 Watt 12V DC power inverter has several advantages that RV owners will appreciate. Together, these two features make it an energy-efficient inverter with lower power consumption.
- It has a continuous power of 5000 W.
- 2 power outlets along with a cooling fan.
- LED indicators for overload and temperature settings.
- The most interesting and useful fact is that this inverter can provide 5000 watts of continuous power supply as well as a surge peak of 10000W.
- Unlike many other inverters that experience heating issues, the AIMS power inverter includes a built-in security feature to keep it from overheating.
Things We Don’t Like
- The main disadvantage of this inverter is that it does not include a charger.
- The complicated installation makes it difficult to use.
This ensures that the inverter is used within its limits, resulting in increased productivity.
#2. POTEK 2000W Power Inverter
Following that is the Potek 2000W power inverter, which is the most commonly used inverter for RVs. Because of its numerous useful features and exceptional performance, this has been the most useful inverter among others. This greatly simplifies its application.
- It generates 2000W of continuous power supply and 4000 w of surge power.
- It has 3 AC outlets and requires an input voltage of 12V.
- You get 4 different things- 1 power inverter, 1 ground wire, 2 car battery cables along with a user manual for a better customer experience.
- It comes with a multi-protection system to prevent short circuits, overload, and voltage issues.
- It has various safety equipment that handles internal issues.
- It is lightweight and easy to transport.
- The fact that it has three AC outlets, as well as a charging port, is the most appealing feature.
Things We Don’t Like
- No inbuilt-charger
- It is heavier as compared to other inverters.
#3. Ampeak 2000W Power Inverter
The Ampeak 2000W power inverter is one such product that has received nothing but positive feedback or reviews from RV owners. It may seem shocking, but none of its customers have ever had any problems with it. It ensures that the inverter remains stable even when no fixed power supply is available.
- 4 power outlets
- Digital LCD display
- 17 safe protections to ensure that the inverter operates safely.
- 4000W of surge power and 2000W of power supply
- The ideal size is 11.02 x 7.28 x 3.46 inches (LxWxH)
- It has a small but digital display, which adds to the ease of use and portability of the product
- The USB port allows RV owners to charge their appliances.
Things We Don’t Like
- Needs proper maintenance for long-term use.
#4. GoWISE Power PS1004
This is yet another game-changing product in high demand. It has some unique features that set it apart from the competition. In the event of a failure, this ensures that the inverter remains stable.
- The GoWise power inverter has a continuous power rating of 3000 watts and a surge power rating of 6000 watts.
- It has a total of 4 power outlets.
- It comes with a remote and a wire gauge.
- It has a compact and portable design that makes it simple to use.
- It includes a five-protection system that is both safe and one-of-a-kind.
- Along with the low voltage protection system, this five-protection system covers overload, under voltage, and overvoltage.
Things We Don’t Like
- The average battery power may decrease with time.
#5. Modified Sine Wave Power Inverter
Finally, we have a 3000-watt modified sine wave inverter. It is one of the easiest inverters to transport. This is due to its incredible features, which include These features make it simple to turn the device on and off. It also includes two temperature-controlled fans that run quietly. This maintains the internal temperature and keeps the interior parts from becoming overheated.
- A continuous power rating of 3000 watts and a surge power rating of 6000 watts.
- A total of 2 power outlets
- Requires an input voltage of 12V.
- Ideal size is 19.5 x 9.5 x 3.7 inches
- It comes with remote control, an LED display, and a 15-foot-long cable.
- It has an LED display that is also used to ensure the input and output power levels.
- Ideal for heavy vehicles such as trucks, RVs, boats, etc.
- Supports fast charging with about 2.4A of power supply.
- Complete protection against external issues.
Things We Don’t Like
- A complex installation
- Requires high maintenance.
Thing To Consider Before Buying RV Inverter
Choosing the most valuable and efficient RV can be time-consuming, but it is also enjoyable. But, this is fun only when you are able to find something that perfectly fits your requirements list. But have you ever wondered what parameters one should compare two or more RV inverters? You might have some factors in your mind, while you might miss some of the major and crucial factors. So, no worries we’ve got you covered.
Besides this, we have some more guides to help you with the easy maintenance of your RV. You can check out the Best RV Microwave and the Best RV Batteries to select the most efficient equipment for your RV.
Let us start discussing some of the important factors that you must consider while getting the best RV inverter.
Power or Watt Capacity
When looking for the best inverter for an RV, the most important factor to consider is power. In terms of power, an RV inverter must meet two basic requirements. They are as follows: peak power and typical power. Peak power or surge typically refers to the power supplied by an inverter over a short period of time. This is especially common in appliances that run on an electric motor. For proper operation, these appliances must have a high startup surge value.
In contrast, typical power is the instantaneous power supplied by an inverter. Typical power has a lower value than surge power.
To get the most out of your RV inverters, you must consider their average power. It is less severe than the surge. Finally, the size of an inverter must be equivalent to the peak load and the continuous load.
Input and Output Voltage
Determining both the input and the output voltage is what as it helps you to select the best RV inverter to accompany your drive. While selecting an inverter, make sure that it is compatible with your RV’s battery voltage to ensure a proper power supply.
For instance, if you have a power supply of 12V, then you must go with a 12V DC RV power inverter.
Besides this, you must also consider the output voltage. Most of the electronic devices in Canada, Mexico, and other countries of Latin America have 120V AC power. Whereas, the remaining countries use appliances with an output voltage of 220V – 250V AC power.
Efficiency is the most valuable and deciding factor that one must consider while getting the RV power inverter. The inverter should be energy-efficient so as to reduce significant energy consumption. Hence, your RV inverters must consume less power and energy.
Time Duration For Which The RV Inverter can Operate Without AC Power
Another intriguing aspect is how long your device often takes to operate without an AC power supply. If you have an unlimited supply of AC power and want your RV inverter to run for a longer period of time, you should consider purchasing a small RV.
If you need a constant power supply, however, you must use a large-sized RV power inverter.
Rv Inverter Types
RV inverters are of many types. Knowing each one of them helps you to make a better choice as per the use case. So let us discuss them with a short and crisp introduction to them.
Sine Wave Inverter- It is the most popular and widely used inverter. Sine waves are produced through rotatory machines.
Modified Sine Wave Inverter- As the name suggests, it is a modified version of the pure sine wave inverter. But it is less energy efficient as compared to the pure sine wave generator.
Square Wave Inverter- It is the cheapest and most affordable inverter. It operates everything without any issues.
- Less Noise Production
Isn’t having a noiseless RV inverter a blessing in and of itself? We all know that generators frequently produce a lot of noise. Similarly, other low-cost models do the same thing. As a result, when purchasing the best RV inverter, you should look for something that operates quietly and can thus be used anywhere without creating a nuisance.
Does Not Require Fuel/Gasoline
An RV inverter frequently provides power without the use of gasoline or any other type of fuel. This saves you a lot of money and energy from having to buy new gasoline every time you go on a trip. To avoid dealing with the hassle, you should invest in some good and efficient RV inverters.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. How To Use An RV Inverter?
Ans. RV inverters have various models based on size and power. If you have an inverter with power lesser than or equal to 300 watts, then you can attach it directly to your RV’s battery to get the power supply. Otherwise, you can connect it via cables provided with the equipment.
Q. How To Ensure Easy Maintenance of My RV Inverter?
Ans. To keep your RV inverter in a well-maintained condition, you must always keep a check on the following indications-
Over Usage- Over usage of your inverter may sometime lead to failure. This is why you should avoid using it for so long.
Vibrations- Ultrasonic vibrations are the sole reason that hampers your inverter’s performance.
Capacitor- The capacitance’s wear can also harm your inverter in multiple ways.
Q. What To Do When My RV Inverter Malfunctions?
Ans. A faulty RV inverter frequently causes power interruptions and failure. This results in massive power consumption and, in many cases, massive financial losses. To avoid this, you must carefully follow all the installation steps.
Q. How To Install An RV Inverter?
Ans. Installing an RV inverter is the simplest task. A small RV inverter can be installed by simply plugging it in. In the case of large inverters, you must connect them directly to the battery.
Q. Which One To Prefer Between a Modified Inverter And a Pure sine wave Inverter?
Ans. A pure sine wave inverter is a better choice in comparison to the modified inverter. It is because a pure sine wave inverter is highly efficient in terms of power consumption.
Have you decided on which RV inverter to purchase for your RV? It is important to note that when choosing the best RV inverter, you must conduct a thorough comparison of various RV models. This way, you can select a fully functional RV inverter to meet your requirements. Aside from that, you should think about the portability and compatibility of the RV inverter with your vehicle. In addition, your RV power inverter must be dependable in order to provide you with the necessary power supply in emergency situations.
With that said, we would like to conclude this article. We hope that it was helpful and you can now get the best RV inverters for your vehicle.